my baby car insurance

Saturday, July 24, 2010

I just rented a vehicle and I noticed it says 85 Ethanol on the gas cap. Do I need to hunt for a station...?

that has this or can I pump 87 Octane in it and not hurt the engine?

Thanks to all who answer.
You can pump in regular 87octane. It is just saying you can use E85.
you will be safe to use 87 octane gas its just means that it is E85 capable
no....use regular gas....





that is an option on newer cars....the 85 ethonal is cheaper and burns faster and worst mpg due to the acholhol in the gas...



and if you dont fill tank and drive for certain miles to let computer reset once the sensors see you put 85 ethonal in tank the check engine light will come on and car will run funny...



refer to owners manual before running 85E so you do it right...you just cant top off or put a few gallons in....
Call the car rental place and see if they have the answer you seek. I have noticed, though, that when I get gasoline, a sign on the pump indicates it

No comments:

Post a Comment