my baby car insurance

Monday, July 5, 2010

Good Ways to Practice Driving?

I just recently received my permit, and have had my first lesson. I plan on going to my second lesson to make sure I know the basics of moving around in the busy streets of LA.



Problem is, however, that I most likely will not be ready to be driving around like everybody else without being some kind of hazard. I want to practice my driving skills while still being safe and not being a hazard to others.



Any good tips on how to practice? Thanks!
If you have an adult who can take you out driving, see if they can do it in the late evening. Go into an industrial area, (god knows LA has enough of those) and drive the deserted streets that are jambed with trucks during the day. It will give you a chance to drive in a relatively quiet setting and you will have railroad tracks, traffic signals, 4-way stops and just about ever other kind of traffic control situation you could think of.



The previous answers are very good ones. One thing to remember. For at least the first two years you drive, you need to focus 100% on your driving. Radio off... or down to a level you can still hear

No comments:

Post a Comment