my baby car insurance

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

How will this 15-20 mph speeding ticket affect my insurance?

I just turned 18 and I am a senior in high school. I live in a small area that is just between two towns. This area is known for its police; they have a tendency to give speeding tickets out like crazy. They hide in places so that they can catch people speeding; the area is generally a 30mph zone. I had a good morning and got a little foot-happy...I sped right up to a cop that hides next to my neighborhood. Needless to say, I was going 50 mph in a 30 mph zone. Without a seat belt. I was extremely honest, so I got a speeding ticket but the seat belt issue was simply a warning. This is my first ticket ever; the only other time I had been pulled over was because I forgot to turn on my headlights...I was 16 at the time.





I have State Farm Insurance and have an extremely decent rate for my age. I have no issues paying the speeding ticket because I did speed...I just don%26#039;t want my insurance to be crushed. I went through driver%26#039;s education, State Farm%26#039;s Steer Clear Program, and I have maintained my grades to ensure that I get a decent rate.





What will this ticket do to my rate? And what is the best I can make out of this situation?



Most companies don%26#039;t routinely check your record on renewals because of the cost of doing it, but SF may check young drivers more often and see it more quickly. What they do with your rate depends on their policy for young drivers, but it almost surely will increase your premium because of the excess over 30. Be prepared for it.





It%26#039;s also possible that the traffic court will reduce the %26quot;excess%26quot; or waive the ticket entirely if you%26#039;re honest and polite, but I wouldn%26#039;t depend on that happening. Be ready for the fine and higher rates.




knowing if yer in Canada or Africa might help. Canada, second ticket gets u 25% increase in premiums


%0D%0A

No comments:

Post a Comment