my baby car insurance

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Information on CBT and Motorbike License?

I am 17 years old and have found that I dont really have enough money to pass my driving test, get a car and insure it. I need to be able to get around and I think a motorbike or moped would be best for me. I have a provisional driving license, but am not sure if this also covers motorcycles, does it?





Also what kind of bikes can I legally ride at 17 and what tests do I need to do? Rough prices if anyone knows too.





Thanks a lot



you will need to sit the cbt test. the cost is 110 for a one day course. most bike shops will either do the test or put you in touch with someone who can do it. you will only be able to ride a 125 untill you have sat your full bike test. the cost of insurance will vary depending on where you live and what bike you have.


if you buy a 125 with race fairings then your insurance will be much higher. best to buy a naked 125 as these are cheaper to buy and insure.


Ride safe.




when u got ur provisional did u tick the motorbike bit , a cbt cost about 80 quid and lasts for 2 years after that it has to be retaken or you can do a direct access course u can ride upto 125cc on cbt




Try www.dvla.gov.uk or www.dsa.gov.uk

1 comment:

  1. hi man
    i want you give me your opinion in
    my blog
    cars-carss.blogspot.com
    17 year old car insurance
    http//cars-carss.blogspot.com
    ok
    i wait you

    ReplyDelete