my baby car insurance

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Do I need insurance when I drive my used car home?

I am getting a car from my aunt, and will need to drive it home. Is it legally allowed to drive the car home as soon as the title is signed over to me without innsurance and then not drive it again until it is insured? If this is allowed I was planing on getting it innsured no more than 2 days later. thanks



No... what if you got in an accident on your way home? Without insurance, you would be sued. And ticketed severely.




Sure as long as you are careful..... Of course not. If anything should happen you got zero coverage.




Yes, you should have some sort of cover in place that lets you take the car home.




You can not drive a car that isn't insured!!




If you already have insurance on another car, it usually covers for short time.




Befor you drive it anywhere you will need to get it registered, insured, and put plates on it.




No No No! Get someone else to take it home for you. Be patient, you have a car, and in a couple of days you will have the insurance to drive it.


Think how you will pay the damages if you injure or kill someone on the way home from your Aunts? It's just not worth it for the sake of a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment