my baby car insurance

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Where can I get car insurance for my group 18 vehicle so thamy brother from Argentina can drive it temporarily?

My brother is visiting me in June ans staying for 3 weeks. I want to insure him so he can use my Porsche wheels ;-) BUT my current insurer will not insure non EU licenses. He has an international Argentine drivers license and no convictions, etc. So far I found two major hurdles: license being non-eu and car being group 18. Can inyone recommend an insurer/broker to get this done? Thanks! - This question applies to UK btw.. not sure the scope of users this will go to ;-)



I think your only answer is to change your own policy to either 'any driver' or 'self and family only' Don't know if you can do the second.


He should be able to get a third party insurance in his own name when he gets here. Check if he can do that for any vehicle and tell him not to state that his licence is non-UK as he is entitled to drive on it in UK for a set period (don't know how long)


Meanwhile try to just declare that he has a full licence only and not it's origin, which is the truth.Most Insurance Companies will issue a 'Third Party Only' insurance if you trust him enough not to 'bend' it.


Hope this helps




try going to the norwich union website, you may be able to either take out apolicy with them for 12 months or at one point they offered a temporary cover that you could take out for a week or so to cover you driving a vehicle.





your current insurer shouldnt really be restricting licences like that, as long as your brother holds an international licence and has not been in the uk for more that 12 months you should be able to add him as a temporary driver.





Your final difficulty being that its a porsche most insurers will ask that he has experience of driving this kind of vehicle. it may just be easier to hire a car for the duration of he trip and quite possibly cheaper!!




autoinsurance.maclenet.com - try this one. I have their car insurance and, as I know, they can provide such a service.

No comments:

Post a Comment