my baby car insurance

Sunday, March 22, 2009

What is the fine for no proof of vehicle insurance in Minnesota? What can I do?

I borrowed a car and got pulled over for not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign. I called the owner and he added the insurance that same day. I took the papers to DMV and they said they would not accept it since it was dated the same day. I got a hearing time a couple of months from now. Is this a felony for me? What might the fine be? I'm not sure on anything.



It's not a felony, but since you were the driver, you are responsible for this, even though it's your friend's car. I think your friend should pay any fine you may have to pay, since technically he put you in this mess.




The penalty can be a sentence for imprisonment and a fine of not less than $200 but not more than the maximum fine applicable to misdemeanors (since the offense is a misdemeanor). In addition to the fine a person convicted of this might also have their driver's license revoked.

No comments:

Post a Comment