my baby car insurance

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

How do I find the right size rim for my car?

There's a old abandoned house across from my place with 40 different old car rims in the yard, How do I figure out which one will fit my car. I'm assuming to just bring a tape measure over there and measure them individually?



Basically you are right about measuring, but sometimes it gets a bit more complicated as you go. not only do you need to measure the diameter and width of the rim, the lug pattern must be exactly the same, the rim "offset" must be the same, the center "hub" hole should be the same, and in some cases the bolt hole chamfer/bevel must be the same degree pitch.





Obviously not all rims are created equal, and some rims are different just because of whether they are made for two wheel or four wheel drive vehicles...




just bring a tape measure over there and measure them individually

No comments:

Post a Comment